Monday, July 29, 2013

XXY: Elf Zombie

If you wondered, why progesterone is such an issue.. aside from the complete lack of studies. For estradiol and other hormones like testosterone or even DHEA where are a myriad of studies available.  The data for this peculiar issue limited at best.

If you tested every person in the entire State of California seeking those without a measurable level of progesterone there are about 20 people in total.  This is not a well known or studied issue.  Indeed the first lab on my first test for progesterone actually queried the doc and asked if the patient was living, as their equipment and results suggested either the sample was of a dead person or their equipment was faulty.  The same lab ended up providing several sets of data for each of the 4 vials of blood provided once a week for a month.  The lab didn't believe their own data.  No progesterone equals DEAD. 

Everyone once in a while I refer to XXY as "Elf".  This started sometime in the last year while beset by dozens of documents and ideas from various parts of the medical profession, bloggers, writers, and other newies who all wanted to label me.  Somehow I had to be a DSD, variant, disorder, targeted for extermination, Intersex, activist, transgender, transsexual, man, woman, thing... it was too much to explain to people I was XXY, that I care about achieving good health care more than being the epitome of a gender, or a sex.. or having a life.  Elf has benefit, no one asks me what gender I am, when I reply, "Elf".  Some of them go a bit weird and dreamy though.  On the plus side those ugly statistics for rape, shows remarkably few elves are ever raped, beaten, or punished for being in the wrong restroom.  The counts for elves bullied are at a resounding 0.  All good so far, and if even one person bothers me then there will be a 100% loss of confidence in elves ability to participate in the USA like any other class of, say, white citizens.  Nice, huh?

 So this means I'm an Elf Zombie !  Yay!  I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment